The staff at Palm Medical Group looks forward to providing you with comprehensive endocrine care. Endocrinology is a specialty that diagnoses and treats conditions relating to various hormone producing glands or organs in the body.
We offer expertise in the management of type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes. Our providers are well-versed with devices that are available on the market for diabetes such as insulin pumps, CGMs (continuous glucose monitors), and glucometers.
Thyroid conditions, such as hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer, are managed by the providers at palm Medical Group. A certified diabetes educator is available by appointment for diabetes & nutrition education, insulin training, insulin pump education, and glucometer training.
We are also specialists who treat osteoporosis, parathyroid conditions, and abnormal lipid levels in the blood.
In addition, some patients need our help with less common conditions affecting the pituitary gland in the brain and the adrenal glands in the abdomen.
In some cases, an ultrasound of the thyroid gland in the neck is needed to better understand a neck mass felt on physical examinations or abnormal thyroid blood tests. This painless test is available in our office, and your results will be interpreted by one of our physicians. In addition, FNA (fine needle aspirated) biopsies are performed in the office.
Endocrinologists diagnose and treat patients with the following conditions:
• Type 1 Diabetes (including patients on insulin pumps)
• Type 2 Diabetes
• Gestational Diabetes (high blood sugars found during pregnancy)
• Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
• Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
• Goiters and Thyroid Nodules
• Thyroid Cancer Diagnosis and Post-Operative Care
• Osteoporosis and Osteopenia,as well as Vitamin D Deficiency
• Pituitary Problems and Masses
• Adrenal Problems and Masses
• Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol and/or triglyceride levels)
• Metabolic Syndrome